Monday, November 06, 2006

Oliver's Army


Ah, the Swiss Army Knife — nearly synonymous with "pocketknife" and grand-pére to folders the world over. There are two brands of SAKs: Victorinox and Wenger. I once bought a Wenger SA Watch and it stopped running within a month. Ergo, I'm a Victorinox man. The Victorinox shown here belongs to my friend's 9-year-old son, Oliver. And unless he loses it, I suspect he'll pass it along to his own son some day. I myself received a similar model as a youngster and I still use it frequently. Oliver's SAK is a great starter tool and it's to my taste: classic red handle with Victorinox shield, two functional blades and no frivolous accoutrements (what's a 9-year-old need with a corkscrew anyway?). Congratulations to Oliver on his first pocketknife. Don't hurt yourself, laddybuck.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the post about my nife mister. I'm glad that my dad gave it to me becus I use it alot. like today when i wanted Sally Jane to give me her lunch money and she wouldn't so I showed her my nife and said if she didn't give me it i would stab her. give gave it to me so i did not stab her in the neck. that made me sad becus i wanted to see her blead. i was excited to see the warm crimson nectar of her being streem down her neck. her hands frantikly grasping at the fleeting moment of her pathetick life as the slipped helplessly away. streaming as they would into my cerimonial goblet where her essence would await thransfer to mine. becuming one with my core. that didn't happen of corse so i wait patiently and she lives. for now.

Anonymous said...

I like bacon. I like cheese. I like girls with dirty knees.

Anonymous said...

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

furiousBall said...

I've still got my SAK from when I was 10, it's engraved with my name, which is also my son's name, ergo he'll get it when he's old enough.

Anonymous said...

According to some hysterical high school principal in suburban Atlanta, Georgia, a 3-inch Swiss Army Knife "could kill somebody." So he had a student arrested and charged with a felony for having one in his car.

See? I'm not making this up.

That little fake ivory toothpick could go right up your nostril and into your brain.